SATURDAY:This is me giving you permission to disobey your mental illness.
This is me giving you permission to eat.
This is me giving you permission to get out of bed.
This is me giving you permission to go to bed.
This is me telling you it's okay to not self harm today.
This is me telling you it's okay to have a rest day.
This is me telling you it's okay to have a bad day.
This is me telling you it's okay.
SUNDAY:Let's talk about clothes for a hot minute. Ptw, u talk about thoughts.
"Anorexic clothes" are quite the lil shits. We're all guilty of hanging onto them for too long. Myself included.
When I started loosing weight I gave other people my pre-weight-loss clothes size that I wouldn't go back to it.
Over the years of being ill I have accumulated many super funky clothes. With my eating disorder I have found myself, my true self. And I wouldn't change that for the world.
I have 2 pairs of trousers I wear, I have some ED clothes which still fit me. I could wear those. But my brain tells me that I "can't wear them" / "only skinny people can wear that" / "Aha you look fat as fuck in that". And the even sadder bit, I believe it.
I keep hold of that clothes, just in case.
Anorexia won't let me get rid if them because they're so me, if I loose a bit of weight then they may fit.
Anorexia say if I loose some weight, I might get a thigh gap back which means I can wear my pinafores and dresses again.
But I can wear them. I can wear them at any weight. TESSA with a thigh gap is not the most attractive thing, and guess why! Because my anatomy doesn't allow for that to happen unless I'm on the cusp of being underweight.
One day, I'll wear a pair of trousers like my favourite high waisted, black and white, wide leg pinstripe jeans... but they won't be my ED ones. They'll be new, I'll chuck our my old ones. But for now, I wear two pairs of trousers, because that's all I feel comfortable in. And that's okay, for now
MONDAY:

No comments:
Post a Comment